View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #54
65sublime

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Wow, what an effort so far! I wouldn't have thought to replace the entire floor, probably would have gone in the direction of replacing the cab. Great persistance and metal working skills.
In your initial comments you talked of going with one piece glass in the doors. Have you given that any more thought? I'm getting close to starting that on my '65 sub doors and am looking for any helpful ideas. The door stop looks like it may be an issue but I think later model hinges have a built-in door stop link. If the complete hinge is not a bolt-in swap maybe the link can be incorporated into the '65 hinge. I've already purchased power units that have a GM style motor attached to the vertical track. I'd like to make the mounting brackets bolt to the door edge or bottom because I'm not sure if I will use the stock interior panel or a full door upholstered panel. I've got one door that needs to be reskinned so getting access to plan things out should not be a problem. Sorry to hijack your thread but I wondered if you had looked into this yet?
65sublime is offline   Reply With Quote