View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #61
65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Ok so I have talked to friend who is very knowledgeable about old cars he currently works for a resto shop in the area anyway he mentioned three things that could be causing the one piece glass to have issues when partially rolled up or down.

1. The thickness of the glass, the new tempered glass is thinner than back in the day when our trucks was built, So if the glass is newer then this can attribute to one issue

2. The weather striping, if the weather striping used is based on the thicker glass then the dampening affect that the weather striping provides may not be adequate. A different weather striping may be required

3. Using the original window mechanisms these become worn with age and are not tight as the day they were built and one solution would be that if you are going to put in a one piece Glass door that you may want to use a power window system. New mechanisms are not a loose and if you mount them properly they should work as intended.

4. Oh this is one that he mentioned that is a good little trick, some of the earlier cars like the camaro and Chevelle, & Cutlass etc had felt adjusters in the doors that guided the windows in the door to stop them from flopping around in the door.

Just thought that I would share some of his wisdom for what it is worth.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote