View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 05:13 AM   #68
Nick_R_23

Re: 1978 Chevy K20 longbed with nearly 500,000 miles! LS Swap begins!

I’m honestly surprised there isn’t more. I would think it would be a fairly common part, but apparently not!

I started off the weekend by painting the other side of the case.

A few other parts showed up as well. Airaid intake tube, and a few more wiring pieces from Summit.

Depinned the Holley accessory connector for the electric fan relay grounds only.

This is something that always bothers me on these trucks. In order to remove the harness, either the harness needs to be depinned, or the tanks need to be dropped. Added a quick connector for the fuel sending unit in case this one ever needs to come out.

I also blanked off the currently unneeded Tach wire.

This is a sub harness for the remaining wires on the Terminator X. Power, Ignition, and Fuel Pump. Power is the ring terminal, which will run to the factory junction block for battery power. Ignition is on the two pin connector, and will utilize the distributor power wire on the engine bay harness. Fuel pump is the other wire on the two pin connector, and will connect to the fuel pump harness to drive the relays.

Next, I mocked up the air intake system just to get an idea of where everything will potentially sit. Unfortunately, I had to remove the factory jack mounted on the fender, but it likely wouldn’t have ever been able to get high enough for this lifted truck anyway.

Back to the transfer case now that the paint is dry!

New shift shaft seals installed

Lockout pins

Idler gears and shaft installed

Shift forks and input shaft

Front output cluster

Front output bearing retainer with new seal

Rear support plate!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote