View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 11:50 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Back pressure on the engine? Explain this please, as I am not understanding how that is possible when you get away from the guys at the spit and whittle club.

The way you mentioned is how Deve's Technical network shows http://devestechnet.com/Home/PCVInstall

The second shot is from this 2014 thread. One of the members wanted a road draft tube that had been set up for PCV. This is similar to how I have done a couple over the past 50 years. Cut the road draft tube off about an inch or so out from the upright part, Either put in your grommet for the pcv valve or set it up for a fitting to connect the hose to and hook it up. You can get a PCV valve that will either screw into the intake with or without an adapter or one that connects to the road draft tube either with a grommet or to a fitting that is in the end of that tube like the photo shows. https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=635148 I'm wondering if any of those guys have even been on the board lately. Checking, Midlifer is the only one who is still active on the board and Newfisher was last on here in 2022.

You have to change the oil cap for a breather cap so air can go in. if it has a regular oil filler cap.

This diagram is a V8 but shows that you want air flowing in, through the crank case and flowing out through the PCV valve into the intake to be burned and flow out the tailpipe. That usually eliminates the blowby from flowing out from under the truck in a cloud as you are trying to impress the hottie in the sporty car in the next lane with your cool truck.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 12-15-2023 at 11:57 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote