Thread: 9.00 16 tires
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:09 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Re: 9.00 16 tires

Nice! Those will not only make the truck look great, but will give nice bite. I loved the no BS look of the trucks of the Rockies region when I spent time there in 40-45 years ago. Down in the flatland towns you might see some ranchers in for supplies, but mostly the chrome jobs cruising about. In the hills it was tall skinnies, winch, headache rack, and maybe you'd notice headers and a deeper tone from the pipes.

I used to run 9.00 -16s and so did my two friends. I ran CO-Op Grip Spurs. They must have been made by Gateway. They looked just like Monster Mudders. Then I went to Goodyear Extra Tractions. They lasted a lot longer. The Grip Spurs lasted about a year!. But they were hell on mud! (when new)

My two friends also had early K/30 duallies. First buddy had a machine shop make him 32 longer studs and a pair of thicker spacers for the rear. It wasn't cheap. Then our other buddy did some digging and found a stock stud size to work. When I got my duallie I did the same. First I had the 9.00s on my '69 W200 and they looked puny after I had been running 37/14.50s... as you would imagine. I couldn't handle the change and stuck with the huge tires on that truck. It looked like nothing else on the road. But the '80 K/30 flatbed I set up for siding was every bit as unique with the 9.00s. In a desperate attempt to share the only picture of that truck, that I just dug up this past week, I snapped a shot of the photo. A scanner would do better, if I had one. I also snapped one of Eric's '77 pickup. He is now my brother-in-law and that's my sister playing like she's drinking from a boot. And that's my old girlfriend trying to slap Eric with a steak. We were at a bull roast stay-over party and that's where they met. I apologize for the sorry pictures. Let's see just how bad they are
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote