View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN View Post
Both trucks are beautiful rigs but that 76 is a true time capsule back to the good old days!

Those two have always been among some of my favorites. I liked the blue & white Cheyenne even more when you had the white wagon wheels on it, and with the GMC there's something about a 4x4 with just the lower trim that gives it a tuff look, not to mention the wrap around rear bumper.
Thanks. I really wanted to keep the blue & white truck. My friend has it, took it down to the frame, has had all the paint and body work done, and all that still sits at the body shop down the road from him under plastic. I don't know what the arrangement is but the guy must have a lot of space and Jason must really trust him. The chassis sits untouched in a bay in his shop. It's not like he doesn't get things built. He's done several since he started that. He also has an original paint (patina) stock looking '70 K/20 Custom he is 99% done with but hadn't touched in the two years since I had been up there, till a couple weeks ago. That thing has a rebuilt engine, seat covered original, rear tank, 1t axles all redone. Just needs the interior put back together. I figured that was his driver and the blue and white one a total perfection restoration. I don't know what his plan is, but I'm pretty sure both of those are keepers and he just keeps on playing with other stuff. He had three squarebody K/30 cab & chassis trucks sitting there a couple weeks ago. I'll pick his brain at Carlisle in a couple weeks. We'll be sharing spaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Is that a truck or a Tupperware container on a frame? Asking for a friend......
I mean, OUCH!! You're so mean! It's ok, he ain't payin' for it

Here is an old picture from around 82 or 83. We were at our campsite. My older son and my daughter, and '71 Blazer
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote