View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #11
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: AC/Heater User Fan Control - Melted Connector & Frozen Switch

Got the rest of my parts in from Manes today and installed. The wire connector was easy enough, the connectors cleaned up nicely and the one I was worried about isn't a problem as it tucks into the new connector with no exposed wire. It's a odd connector with some open slots....

The A/C cut on switch and the relay, not so easily accessed. The A/C cut on switch I had to use my mirror to see the screws. This switch was giving me issues until I cleaned it up and put some dielectric grease on it a few months back. Now I shouldn't have to worry at all about it.

The Fan Relay was a bit easier to get to, well except the screw closest to the firewall - very tight and I had to use a wrench. Likely easier to get to if I took the glovebox out, though I am glad I replace it. There is a ground wire going to it, without this ground there is no high speed fan. The issue is the outer screw hole was stripped and that ground wasn't really secured to the metal of the relay. I am surprised I was getting high speed at all. I had to go with a little bigger screw to get a good bite out of the plastic to get it tight. Personally, I think this ground wire to a screw going into plastic for the relay ground is a bit crap. I almost tapped a new hole in the bracket so the ground could be screwed directly to the relay metal... I might still do this at some point.

As for the resister, I got that too but I am going to hold off installing that and just keep it in "stock". The cool thing, it came in a nice GM parts box, so it seems OEM!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote