View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:18 PM   #34
Hart_Rod

Re: Borgeson Steering Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Mostly, it just would have bugged me having spacers there from an aesthetic standpoint. It's probably a small enough shift that it wouldn't have a significant impact on the steering geometry.
I ended up using 4 1/8" hardened washers and they are not very noticeable. This tells me there machining must be wrong. Hopefully I have no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
I personally would send that back and get a Redhead, which I have and love btw. But if the Redhead came like that I would have sent that back too. That is unacceptable.
I probably should have, but I have read the Redhead has issues also and they only have a one year warranty, Borgeson has a 3 year warranty. Hopefully I won't need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
Three years ago, I installed power steering on my '71, where previously there was none.. I installed a Cardone reman gear box per their instructions.. I've had absolutely zero problems with it... Cost me less than $400 for everything including gear box, pitman arm, idler arm, pump and hoses....
Not a bad option, but I really do like the lower ratio steering boxes (lock to lock). And with the quality of parts EVERYWHERE, I may have not been any better off.

I had an AGR box on the truck to begin with and the only reason I had to replace the box is that while doing my engine swap, I needed to turn the wheels. As I was turning them, I heard a pop. I thought it was something in my tilt column, but it ended up being something inside the AGR box . Does anyone know if they sell a rebuild kit for the AGR boxes? Are they even still in business? I couldn't find their website
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-28-2024 at 01:02 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote