View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 08:12 AM   #1
Nevada51

1964 El Paso C10 Shortbed

I finally thought I’d better start my own thread rather than hijacking other people’s posts with my questions…

Wind the clock back to around May 2021, and a Craigslist ad for a very original looking 1964 C10 shortbed caught my eye. I left it for a while as it looked to have rust in the usual places and some significant damage to the right rear bed side… and it didn’t run. More work than I really wanted to take on so I left it for a few weeks. Having had a long bed before, I was really wanting an original shortbed but they were all going for crazy prices (I’m sure you can relate…).

I finally contacted the seller and it turned out that it was still owned by the original family that bought it. It was an original paint truck, and importantly the seller seemed genuine - a very important consideratiowhen buying a truck without being able to inspect it in person.

Anyway, I bought it for all those reasons, figuring that there wouldn’t be too many major surprises given how original it was. A big thanks to the owner Jerry for selling it to me and all the assistance to get it sorted and good to go for transporting.

Enough talk, some pictures…

A picture from the ad. It had rust in each door corner, mostly the outer skin only, and the front guards in the usual spots.

Finally getting collected for transportation. Now rolling on new original size cross-ply tires that Jerry kindly had mounted for me to make transportation easier.
Nevada51 is offline   Reply With Quote