View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
SlammedDime

Re: driveshaft and pinion angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by el curioso View Post
I was talking about the document not the company I didn't even know that they were a company.I thought it was just an informative web page, oh well live and learn. are they related to AIM if they are I agree stay away.

But then I barely came into the bagging scene around a year ago.
By 'run', I mean that I ran the website, updated it, kept it alive, made sure info was up to date, etc, etc. Its not a company just a website. Its not related to AIM either. Its just another website out there that sits with no updates now. Now all the good stuff is in the link in my signature.

jlaird: Shimming the tranny is fairly easy, as long as you have the room under the cab for it (which you should). Take a look under the transmission and you can see that it is bolted to a rubber mount, which is then bolted to a crossmember. Normally there will be two bolts holding the tranny to the rubber mount. You simply have to make or buy some shims to go between the tranny and that rubber mount, and you may have to get some longer bolts as well. Don't use washers, as I've seen some other people do. I took some 3/16" steel plate, cut it with the grinder, notched it for the bolts, then put in as many shims (ended up being 3) as I needed to get the angle up.
SlammedDime is offline   Reply With Quote