Thread: USA1 Industries
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:41 AM   #88
TKCR

Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy View Post
If they are making their own panels what the hell is the hold up? Plastic resin? Get a new supplier and move on! I was also told once that if i wanted power door panels i could get them sooner? Really? Power and manual door panels are the same except power have square holes for the switches and manual have a round hole for the crank. If they knew a thing about manufacturing they should build blanks and cut the hole after they are formed. This alone proves to me that they are not making their own panels.

I agree with you that their dye colors are top notch but, i dont feel like it adheres as well as SEM dye. I have used both, followed the directions with the prep and adhesion promotor, and the SEM holds up way better. As for the door panels it would be better to find a nice set of OEM and dye them yourself. Thats what i did and am extremally happy with them and didnt have to wait 2 years.

They did have to find another supplier and moved on. Obviously there is more involved than just deciding one day they are going to start making their own door panels. It’s getting dies made and the whole shebang. It makes my head hurt just thinking about what all it took to start something like this. And there’s always going to be problems. COVID, right dab smack in the middle of all this certainly didn’t help. But at this point they are making them. I’ve seen the ones they are making now, and they are different from when I first got mine. They are just like the stock panels, where the velour insert sets in the panel versus being Velcro.

I’m glad you were able to find an OEM set to use. I agree, it’s always best to find OEM and restore them. But I was never fortunate enough to find a decent set, so I opted to purchase from USA1. I was extremely happy with them, even though they were the ones that have the velour velcroed on. I was eventually going to get the new manufacturers style once they got all the bugs worked out, but sold the truck before that happened.

I’ve been using their dyes for going on 8 years now. There is no difference in how it adheres. If that were the case, I would have known by now, lol. In fact, I used it in my own truck. And after all these years after doing a color change, I never had any issues with it not adhering. I use SEM Black and all their Prep products. But when it comes to the colors, SEM no longer has our colors, so it’s USA1 for the win in this case.

I’m not trying to make an argument about this with all of you. I’m only speaking from my experience with them. One thing I have learned throughout all this, you’ll never be able to make everyone happy. There is always going to be someone that’s unhappy no matter what you try to do. And that comes from my experience with working with lots of people myself. It’s something I really struggled with in the beginning, because I do want my customers to go away happy.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote