View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #112
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

I have been super busy at work trying to put out some fires.. If it weren't for customers, work would be fun! lol..

anyway, that has slowed down progress a bunch over the last couple weeks..

I did manage to get a few things finished up, and progress continues albeit sloooowwww

Lots of little details that are never going to be seen like looming up wiring, cleaning and painting hardware, etc...

But for something at least worth a picture or two, I took these shots from the paint work on the engine and firewall.

With so many factory wrinkles, bumps, divots, and wavy areas on the firewall, I could have spent a few days smoothing things out but I decided to just leave them alone and paint it..

At least now I can start the mockup of the hydroboost and stab the motor/trans in so I can get to working on exhaust and driveline..

I'm also going to update the gas pedal to a later cable style and retire the manual rod setup.
I picked up the last few items for the Accuair, I was short a couple relays and fuses, but think I have it all now.. time to mount everything in its permanent location and try it out!!

Another small but critical project has to do with the intake.. I am going to drill the front boss on one of my Edelbrock Performers to add an oil fill tube, that way I can run some vintage style valve covers with no holes.. (I'll plumb the PCV valve and vent into the backside like this thread from Dino) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...il+gate&page=8

I'm facing the inevitable that there is probably no way I can get everything done by this coming weekend so I could drive it to the Monroe swap meet, but I am not giving up just yet!
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote