View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 02:20 AM   #6583
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Every time you think it’s all over, you trip over something else.

A 14 year hoard of nuts and bolts, washers, brackets, hinges, wood screws of every conceivable kind, and many more small items was a full day’s worth of sorting out. Hard to believe?

You never saw my hoard.

Ask any previous visitor to Grizz Towers.

Cake tin after cake tin of imperial, metric and unidentified fasteners and random stuff was poured out and sorted through.

Keep in mind that I also ha md to create and rearrange all the storage space and containers.

One thing I did, with a heavy heart was to jettison all the traditional wood screws that were stored in various locations and containers. Modern Pozi-Drive type, self cutting screws are just so much quicker and easier to use and I certainly don’t create artisan level work any more.

I didn’t take any photos of this at the start, but trust me……

It was a lot worse than that.

Eventually I also cleared the “electronics table” where most of the Rezin Rockit nuts, bolts, washers and electronics plus paints etc lived for three years.

Could be cleared of a few more bits.

Looking at this lot, it is hard to believe that this is the result of a days work unless I mention that stuff found it’s way to possibly as many as 10 destinations from the sorting table.

There still are jobs to do as part of the clear out and preparation for the C10 build but it’s not easy to understand unless you’re actually here on site.

The cash fund that started with an imaginary target of £500.00 in junk sales has made it up to £1670.00 so far.

Yesterday I spent just over a third of it on two new mattresses for my lodger’s bedrooms.

Possibly a better investment than buying another car for now, especially that red Camaro.

It still blows my mind that despite low prices and cheap selling of excess junk, this amount of money has come in over four weeks.

Coming back from town, I had offered Salky our usual 3-6 monthly treat of a quick cheap Turkish lunch, she declined and asked for a McDonalds Biscoff Frappe and something random to eat.

Now McDonalds is something I don’t eat as a habit but I have to remind myself once a year why I don’t eat anything from these “restaurants “

Crispy Chicken Ceasar wraps and caramel Frappes eaten in the carpark like the common people.

Dodged a bullet with the heartburn too.

Came home after this and Sally went home to work in her garden and I started on a two day job that I do yearly.

Spent 4 hours out there hurting.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote