View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 05:04 AM   #6590
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Cut the grass at number 1 position yesterday.

I tend to keep to setting number 2 throughout winter to keep it tidy.

I also washed and polished the Astro van as I was heading out to a late afternoon (4.30 onwards) car gathering about 30 miles from here.

I also had some multi ton lifting straps to deliver to mate Darren, so the van was being used as a van.

I keep saying it but I do love this thing

Pleasure to own, drive and look at

Got to go fill it up before leaving, despite still showing a 1/4 tank of petrol. My dad brought me up not to leave on any trip with less than 1/2 a tank and to replace a battery the first time it refused to start a car.

Do remember that this is an American commercial vehicle that would have been destined to do loads of long distance work so a 30 liter fuel tank would not have been needed

The trip there and back was pretty good, van loving to hover right around the legal speed limit,

I have had this dancing Elvis for years and he made me chuckle when the road conditions made him move about erratically as only Elvis did

Sad reflection on the state of our roads

And also points a finger straight at local councils who continue to squander our taxes on non important things while allowing the infrastructure to fall apart

I made a short video, including some pics of the cars that came out, despite the crappy weather

There was a relatively large contingent of Toyota Celicas and Corollas. Mostly rough, but all someone’s pride and joy

VIDEO LINK

Today is Sunday, not yet decided what slow job to get going in this morning

Thanks for checking in and any comments
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote