View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #121
SCOTI

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
....One small observation re your proportioning valve. I was taught that they should be mounted fore and aft rather than side to side. Now that could be an old wives tale but might want to bear it in mind if you have an issue with your brakes once out on the road with either the rears locking up or not working well.....

P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin71105 View Post
If prop valve is an issue will move it up onto master cylinder like alot of tese trucks are done. Just have to run new brake lines in that case, can make them look better if I do that.

The 73 I pulled it off of had it mounted in this same location and position, thats why I chose it.

4L80 was much to expensive to think about, a core is around 1k here, for the price of corr/rebuild I could buy a gearstar trans.

The 4L60 will be built enough to handle any extra power I out on it which I dont plan to do for a long time. Never had an issue out of a 4L60e in any truck Ive owned even with upwards of 300k miles, only time I seen someone have an issue was when putting more power on them or rrally dogging their trucks.

Will have trans built for more than stock hp/tq just to be safe. I am mostly wanting reliable driveability in an old truck, so stock power in this light of a truck will likely be plenty for me.

Hopefully by the end of the year I will be driving it, going to need glass before transmission I think, dont want a cab full of water while sitting at transmission shop. As soon as a transmission is put in I can move it around the yard though.
The prop valve doesn't know what position it's in & works either way.
On some vehicles they're mounted fore/aft; others might have them left to right. They're mounted based on the packaging of the various components & placed where they'll fit.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote