View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #124
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

There were 3 problems, turn signal relay was not working, needed a better ground on LH bed light housing and the portion that holds the bulb wasnt allowing bulb to spin into position fully.

Changed flasher relay for a heavy duty one and I got signals in front working but not rear. Had previously swapped hazard relay into turn signal spot but I guess I got 2 hazard relays. They both work on hazards but neither work on turn signal, the HD one worked right away.

Cleaned up grounds on bed and LH signal was working but RH was dim both for park and signal. Pulled lenses off and found that the LH was lighting the park filament for park/brake/turn...

Messed around with it and found the bulb was not spinning enough and the dim filament teminal was touching both wires in harness. Finally got it cleaned up and working right, so now I have all lights working. Just waiting on the rings that hold the headlights in place to put them in.

Going to order the relay harness as well for front lights when I get closer to outting it on the road.