View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 09:22 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: Old outboard motors

When I looked into parts for my Sea King I learned it was made by Johnson but they all were made by either them, Evinrude, and maybe one other

When I lived in Florida one winter (78/79 I think) I lived up the Indian River (Intercoastal Waterway) from Jensen Beach/Stuart area, along the river. The other half of the house was rented by a test boat driver for OMC. The other two test drivers were Sam Evinrude's grandsons. You'd see these three boats haulin' butt everywhere in all weather. They were instructed to treat the boats like they weren't theirs. If something was going to break they wanted them to break it. I was fortunate enough to meet Sam Evinrude, the small engine genius and founder and/or owner of multiple corporations. Just a regular guy like me and you, if you met him.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-24-2022 at 08:49 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote