View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #7
Hart_Rod

Re: Need to have a few trucks hauled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic v6 GMC's View Post
Okay, I had 3 of my trucks hauled and they arrived today and I just wanted to post My experience for anyone looking to have a truck transported.
I'm going to start by saying that I called and talked to 12-15 transport companies that I could find off of google and all the ones that had the most reviews. I can honestly tell you that probably all of them were brokers who had no idea who the driver would be or cared as long as you gave them there brokers fee upfront ($300-400) which they say is supposed to book the driver. I really felt that if you gave them the money you would probably never see it again and probably never get them to contact you again. The second after I started calling them my phone blew up with numbers from all across the country from different people who were interested in hauling my vehicles. I have received probably 3-4 calls a day and probably that many emails as well from all sort of people. I had been looking for probably 2 weeks and I was really disappointed that I couldn't find a company who actually had drivers and trucks, I was about to break down and try one of these brokers, but I just happened to pass a nice 3 vehicle transport trailer with a winch built in and a nice truck with a company name on the side of "Horizon Transport"
I immediately looked them up on google and they came right up and I called. Long story short I was on the phone with Joe a real guy who was in charge of the flat bed division, and they have actually drivers/trucks. I told him I needed 3 trucks hauled and I needed them picked up in a 2 day time period and he said that wasn't a problem (all the other companies wanted 2-5 day pickup window) and that he could have all 3 hauled for $3,400, (that price was a little more expensive than some of the others but that was okay with me). He never asked for any money upfront and said he would call me early next week and have the drivers info and time frame then. Everythimg whnt super smooth and everything happened just like they said it would. They also didn't ask for any money until they arrived with my trucks and it was very professional!
Just wanted to share and say that you might want to make sure you get a company who has actual drivers/trucks and read the online reviews.
I will be using Horizon in the future.
I looked them up on the internet and they only show RV shipping. Do you have a name and contact number? Thanks
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote