Thread: 1972 slow build
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #1
Waders

1972 slow build

Hello all, long time listener, first time caller. I've been lurking on this site for a long time and finally decided to start a build thread to showcase what I've learned from you all and what I've picked up along the way. There is so much valuable information on this site and hopefully I can add a little more.
My love for this body style probably started when I was very young. My dad had a 72 K10 that he bought brand new and drove until I totalled it for him(elderly lady turned in front of me..pretty much a 45 mph head on collision). When we were young my dad, brother, and I built a 70 blazer that was rolled and fixed. When they fixed it they cut and left the back of it and put a 67 cab and front on it. Looked like a super short box. My brother drove that for a couple years but wanted something more modern. I bought the truck from him and I still have it 25 years later.
I liked those trucks but for some reason always wanted a suburban. I was at a point in my life where I was able to start a project so I started searching. I found a few locally but none were exactly what I was looking for. Here in Montana there are very few 2wd burbs and that was my #1 criteria. I expanded my search and found one in eastern Washington. It was non-running but not molested and 100 percent complete.
Plans for the suburban:
replace/upgrade suspension with lowered components,
LS power,
Nice interior,
Eventually body and paint.
I had intentions of just doing the bear minimum to get it on the road but after 10 years I'm still not there. Project creep at its finest.
Pictures to follow
59 Chevy belair 2dr-high school sweetheart
Waders is offline   Reply With Quote