View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #3072
KW5413

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My recliner has (3) stepper motors. Head, lumbar and feet. The motor for the feet started working intermittently. More mittently than inter. So, I broke out my handy dandy meter and started checking the rocker switch and all the wires that I could access. Everything checked out fine.

So, I throw caution to the wind and decide to start tearing stuff up. The motor and worm gear / rail system are integrated. Just unplug the wire harness and pull to lock pins and it's on the floor. Double checked the wires and still good contact.

I decided "What the hell, it's no good as it is I'll tear the little motor down and see what there is to see". Well, sure 'nuff one of the wires inside the motor had been making contact with the worm gear on the shaft. The wire was too damned short to do anything with, so I pulled part #s and went on a Google Treasure Hunt.

Not only did I find a gazillion gizmos specifically for chairs, couches, beds etc. I ultimately found the exact system I needed...complete with motor, wiring harness and worm gear rail system. All for a smooth $ 110.00 bill. Bought it through...wait for it...Amazon dot com.

15 minutes after opening the box my chair, and me, was back in business.

Who knew?

The white mounting bracket you see travels up and down the rail via the worm drive.
Attached Images

KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote