View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 02:10 AM   #38
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build 2.0- '66 Short/Fleet BBW

Had to go back into the carb and redo the throttle shaft bore, it was worn about .010" too large and was pulling enough air in that it wouldn't run rich enough to not misfire. Luckily I had ordered the correct reamer and bushings for another project and had enough leftover for this one.

I went through three accelerator pump seals before finding one that wasn't too big or too small. The one that came in the carb was too big and would stick to the bore and not pump for the first 1/4th of throttle opening so there was a bad hesitation. The second was too small and didn't seal up in the bore.

I ran it through a few heat cycles, flushing the cooling system with clean water each time.

The rear shocks mounts are finished. Picked up new tires yesterday. I'll mount the bags and run air lines tomorrow, plus prime/paint the wheels and mount the tires if the paint is dry enough. Back in January I went in with a few friends and bought a Hunter TCX51 tire machine, so I can mount them myself late tomorrow to give the paint more time to dry.

Quick vid of it running now that its dialed in better.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote