View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:22 AM   #5
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Big block swap 73 k10

I'd agree with that assumption. But also it seems that someone had done some work to the truck before it came into his possession. It's already got headers, and some kind of cam in it. Roller tipped rockers. It might even be a stroker motor already. He thinks it's a th400 behind the small block. I asked him to snap a picture of the pan on the transmission just to confirm. I understand it that gm never put a th350 behind a big block in anything factory. Of course there's always exceptions to anything considered standard equipment. so I won't speculate until I see a picture of the pan. I think he'd be better off with a th400. But I'm sure we can build the th350 enough to live behind the big block.
This truck is not a daily driver. It's his "off road hot rod" so to say. He wants it to sound as big as it looks. He is asking about exhaust cutouts for the import guys at the stoplights. He's a marine with a bunch of military diesel mechanic training. But knows nothing about gas engines especially v8s. So I'm thinking a 4x4 RV low end torque cam would be more usable in his situation. It's not a rock crawler, it's not a mud truck. It's more of a backroad, streams and trails, mud puddle romper. If that makes sense. He actually uses his truck off pavement and wont wash it for weeks at a time. I'd say the suspension lift on it puts the top of the hood about chest height to me. I'm 6 foot tall.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote