View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 08:22 AM   #12
jgrote

Re: My low(ish) budget OEM build

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I've used tanks inc for tanks, fuel pumps, etc,ect. Pretty good pricing compared to the other folks.

I've had pumps in tank and out, but in tank is preferred. (not just for noise, it keeps the pump cooler and away from tailpipes and other stuff).

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...rod/prd925.htm

PS> I am a full believer in the "low budget, use OEM stuff" plan. I'm a little surprised you wasted money on aftermarket brackets, but OK, you need a little bling.

One thing I have been frustrated by: fuel hose, most brands of fuel hose are crap. You MUST replace it every 5 years or so. (ie I recommend making steel lines with 8-10" rubber pieces wherever required for vibration or flex.
I understand both of your points. The brackets were a splurge. I have aftermarket AC, so I needed a bracket for that. And then it just looked funny having that bracket on one side and the ugly cast thing on the other side. So... what's another $160¿ I would also like to move the tank to the rear at some point, but I haven't found a solution that will work for me. I have a leaf spring truck, and I have a trailer hitch that I don't want to get rid of. Between those, I can't find anything that will fit in the back. I'm sure it exists, and I'll cross that bridge in 5 years when I replace the fuel lines. I caved to the peer pressure and went with AN lines this time. It's all Youtube's fault. I was careful about routing, and it's nowhere near any exhaust.

At this point, most of my plumbing is done. The fuel system is in and tested. The trans lines are run and hooked to the rad. The PS lines are complete. All I have left are steam line and rad hoses. I'm using the mechanical fan and the OEM fan shroud. I used my heat gun to massage it to fit with the engine raised. I've since figured out that I raised it a little too much, but I'm done messing with it for now. If it ever come out, I'll make smaller spacers. This weekend, I'm going to start laying out my harness. I still need to decide on mounting locations for the ECM and throttle control box.

So, it seems like I'm down to coolant lines, AC, wiring, and exhaust. My goal is to be finished by late March, and I think that's still attainable.
jgrote is offline   Reply With Quote