View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 07:40 AM   #20
WorldsCrappiestTruck

Re: My low(ish) budget OEM build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Congrats on taking your swap on its first drive! That is an exciting time. What throttle pedal are you using? When I did my swap I had the same issue with the uncomfortable pedal. I used the DBW pedal from the 2004 donor truck I got my engine from and mounted it with a bracket I got from a board member. It was way too far off the floor. Although the bracket gave me full travel on the throttle sensor, that was not necessary. These engines reach WOT at about 50% sensor travel. So I used a scanner and figured out where WOT was and then angled the pedal down so that the pedal was on the floor at WOT. After that, it was much more ergonomic. This is a photo after I adjusted the angle of the pedal.

Great tip. I have the same parts and bracket and really don’t like it, so actually cut the arm of the pedal about 90% through, bent it to where I wanted it and welded it all back up. It’s better…..but not great.

Congrats on the first drive! I actually did the same yesterday with my LS swap - drove to the store to gas up!
WorldsCrappiestTruck is offline   Reply With Quote