View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 12:25 PM   #23
jgrote

Re: My low(ish) budget OEM build

Ok, now. Time for first impressions. I was able to fix the last of my electrical problems. The truck is charging. The oil and temp gauges work. The speedo works, but still needs to be calibrated.

The truck drives wonderfully. The suspension is soft (which is fine), brakes feel good, and the steering feel is just like any other traditional PS setup. I was a little worried about the pump being for a rack and pinion setup, but it feels great.

The engine and trans combo definitely make it a little more spunky, but not anything I feel like my 18yo can't drive. With the posi rear, she is very well composed. I'm hoping after a little more shakedown, she can move into my "daily driver" status.

Now for the things I may modify. I may add cats. It still stinks, and I'd like it not to. I am definitely going to adjust the gas pedal, and remove the steering wheel disconnect. I need to get it a little more comfortable to drive if I'm ever going to do power tour or something similar. Other than that, it's time to just enjoy it for a while. If money and time allows, I may do some cosmetic upgrades next winter.
jgrote is offline   Reply With Quote