View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
mattbert56

Talking Re: 1965 C20 fleet side longbed DD low budget build.

so here is my dilemma, i have a 292 inline 6 in the truck now backed with a sm420 trans with 4:11 gears.the 292 has been built 3 times but has great compression and good lookin cross hatching on all cylinder walls. i have this garret 1 3/4" turbo given to me. i found all the parts i would want, offie intake running a 600 edlbrock and a turbo manifold paired with long down tube headers . keeping engine stock but only want to push 3-5 lbs into the motor to "pep" it up. OR i can go with a small block iv been building thats out of a 71 el camino. its a 2blt main that needs block to be punched out. 487 heads with 1.94 valves 2 burnt 1.5 exhaust valves i can run a comp cam w/ an unknown amount of lift or duration but my buddy ran it for 600 miles and said "its to aggressive for me" so he gave it to me eldbrock dual plane performer manifold, w/ the same 600 carb i would run on the I6, would need all new insides other than rods, crank,and lifters, sooo means new pistons and wrist pins, bearings, ect... i cant make up my mind. any ideas or thoughts r welcom hahah
mattbert56 is offline   Reply With Quote