View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 12:18 PM   #33
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

After watching the Dbacks beat up on the Phillies in Game 6, I went out to the garage to see about making some new window channel. Looking forward to Game 7 of NLCS tonight.

I had bought (2) extra Inner Rocker Panels LMC PN 38-9041 when I first started on the Rocker replacement and didn't end up using them on the rockers. I actually cut 1-1/4" strips off them to use on the firewall top wire channel cap. Anyways, I still had them laying around and they already had a much larger "Z" channel bent in them so I started with that and made some cuts and bends. After a couple of scrap test on some 20ga, I got a good idea of where to clamp the metal in the vice and beat it to the shape I needed. I cut up some the LMC panels since it already had a near perfect match to the radius on the rear window and bent a single 90* to make the smaller Z to match the window channel. On my second adjustment on the thicker 18ga LMC metal, I nail it down and repeated the 90* bends on some more pieces. I think it turned out pretty good and should work for the couple of places I need to remove rust on.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote