View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #48
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Here you can see the ididit steering column and new bench seat frame from Glide have been mocked up. A couple pictures showing how the seat back flips forward, but also the seat itself flips up! That's great, because I will be putting a new battery box accessible under the seat and also all the electronics boxes will be hidden under there (transmission computer, spark computer, fuel computer, and radio):

I had to hop behind the "wheel" so we could make sure the steering column and pedals would be in the proper location. Kinda fun to sit in the cab once again! Yes, I made "vroom vroom" noises:

You know how on the original trucks, there was a cutout hump in the dash under/between the two gauges - this actually wasn't for the steering column itself, but rather for the shift linkage from the three-on-the-tree transmission. Because of this, that hump in the dash isn't centered between the gauges - it is offset. Also, it isn't the right curve to match the new ididit column, so the guys at the shop did this neat modification to make it look like the new column was meant to be there from the factory:

Looks good, and with the new bracing under the dash, that steering column is SOLID:

Last edited by torchlight; 07-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote