View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 06:44 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wanted:74’ GMC Jimmy/Blazer parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bL.A.zer90045 View Post
Bottom line with punctuation..."he" assumed wrongly,and when the TRUTH "arrived" he tried to supplement his "assumption" of which was mistaken to the forum with his "half told" story.my "intuition" told me that his attempted insult,provided his true character,and...
I get that he could have refused delivery and sent it back w/o charge. But, why did he need to return the part he bought when he never changed his mind about buying it? That was your request. The others "next in line"? What other people? The part was sold. Why did you want it returned? Because he wasn't going to release payment until the part arrived. Why did he not want to release the payment before the part arrived? PayPal policy! Did you get that? I said, he was following "PayPal protocol". Following PayPal protocol is not a valid reason for a seller to demand a part be returned.

Why did he become uneasy and felt distrust for you? Because you became demanding and pushy, AND you are not a paid subscriber selling a part. A reason for requiring a subscription to "list" parts for sale is to protect members from scammers hopping on the site to rip members off. It is also a way to show a member is here for a while, like they want to be part of this community, which offers a degree of trust. When you got pushy about wanting him to ignore PayPal policy that instilled distrust.

I'm not saying we don't have great and trustworthy members who are part of this community who are not subscribers. But, a member who wants to sell parts would be wise to become a subscriber for this reason. Sitting on the side, watching for WTBs to sell parts just to save $25 a year is a huge handicap for a person here to sell parts. It seems that is why you are here. Maybe you only lurk in the other areas, because I don't see any participation, which would be a great way to show you are a genuine fellow member of this community and would instill an added degree of trust in situations like this.

One more thing. Why did HeloCrewCheif even bring this to my attention? Because he hoped a moderator could set you straight so other members won't have to experience the same ordeal with you. It seems he is concerned about others, not just himself. Like a member of a community would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
You keep trying to use a very complex vocabulary to describe what you are saying, which makes you look foolish.
Just sayin’
I won't say 'look foolish', for me it's 'make it hard to follow'.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~