View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 03:32 PM   #10
Orange Crate

Re: 1350 Drive Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Numerous places you can go for a custom build if you want to pay additional money for shipping. Any D/L shop local to you can do the build, doesn't have to be somebody famous that has a large marketing budget
There are other reasons to use a well known name when ordering something. Usually a big name means that they are doing something right which can be quality and good customer service. Some want reliability, durability ect.. and don't want to do a job more than once ect...
On this particular subject I absolutely do not want a drive line failure absolutely. Especially on the front D/S. it is just below the shift linkage for the T-case and if that is taken out by a busted (budget) shaft you are REALLY "F'd" when off road. I was off road and ran into a "square" that had broken his NP205. I dove under it to see the damage because I couldn't believe it broke. Sure as Ssss the box was busted in half. I asked what happened and he said the driveshaft failed, dropped down, and pole vaulted the truck. The front D/S really needs to be durable, I mean really stout. Your "fuse" should probably be out at the hub, its hard to say where you want something to break (NOT in the back country! if you have a choice!)