View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #552
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Oh wow....
Hey Greg - getting closer all the time.

I went down to auto parts and got a real deal National seal for the trans tail housing and installed it with a bit of RTV for insurance. This better be the last of the tranny woes.

After a bit of hand wringing, I installed the side mirrors. Per the Chevy forum, there were three locations the dealers might have installed them, but I opted for the doors. Since I did the vent window delete, there was nothing to interfere with the mirrors. I have a good view out of both sides. They're the progressive convex on both sides so it gives a wider field. I liked the style as they matched my door handles.

I'm still working on the inner fender panels. Finally on my third pattern I was able to clear everything. When I originally decided to do this, I had a different plan. But it went out the window as soon as it met reality. Apparently my ability to think in 3D isn't what I believed it to be. Still, the panel covers most of the ugly going on under the fender which is what I was shooting for.

Last thing I did today was to let it back down on the ground. With the front bumper on, I'm going to need one of those ultra low scissor jacks to get it in the air. Took a combination of floor jacks, a bottle jack and stands to work it all the way down. Kathy said she hopes it goes down the road without any problems. Having had a couple of lowered trucks, I've learned the hard way how to angle my way into driveways and etc. Just have to remember to slow down and think instead of hollering, Oh Crap!
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is online now   Reply With Quote