View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #34
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66redw/white View Post
im diggin the work truck man. lol. i may have to turn my wheels inside out. i never even thought of that. good idea!
Thanks! Its's a '64 with an original sunroof, dropped on a narrowed (3.5") front beam with 2.5" spindles and torsion bar adjusters, rear has reajusted torsion bars and air shocks to fine tune the ride height. Wheels are staggered repro Porsche 356 rims. Got a 1679cc engine that makes 90hp and 115tq, enough to push it to high 9's, low 10's in the eighth mile. It's what turned me on to the "drive it as-is" style as it still has the original paint and interior. Its not perfect but it's nice enough to take to a cruise in, but not so nice that I worry about where I park it or having to polish on it all the time. Easy upkeep and way more fun than having to pamper a show car.

Shot of the engine.

About the wheels, since you have a set mounted, could you take some measurements- like from the outside edge of the rim to the wheel opening lip front and back so I can get an idea of how much room I have to work with as far as setting the backspacing? Appreciative of any help you could offer!

And, we just had the first casualty of the build, the poor thing has suffered major injuries and it's bleeding steel shot. Gunna have to return it and get a real hammer...

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote