View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Dan's '46 - Some Small Stuff Done Today.

Do you guys think I should keep posting pictures/text of small changes and improvements I make here or should I start separate threads (for other's future reference)? Like for example the installtion of my windshield regulator mechanism would have been one. Restoration/installtion of my glove box door hinges and the door itself would have been another. I just found a source of a lot of knowledge on these trucks (more on him later) and got some headliner bows from him so when I do that install soon it will entail disassembly, de-rusting treatment, adding insulation and installation of the headliner itself. All that could be its own thread as well. Whaddya think?

2nd: I found a guy on Stovebolt who is in the SoCal area that currently owns a number of '41-'46 trucks. He's got a complete 1-1/2 ton wrecker and an ultra rare Canopy Truck in his garages now - a a couple more I haven't seen. (Canopy = H.D. Panel with large rectangular openings on each side w/ canvas roll up sides for displaying your merchandise like produce, etc.) He has provided me with the following links which I think will be of use to anyone working these trucks.

Notice the door window channel does NOT go over the top of the window. He tells me that on every '41-'46 he's taken apart that was still factory original, the channel only goes up to the point where the door frame begins to curve and stops there. I'm sure that allowed plenty of wind noise, but with an openable windshield, a cowl vent, and NO insulation in the truck, how would you have ever noticed it?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote