View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 07:44 PM   #14
57FleetsideC4

Re: Cooling Fan relay setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcb3200 View Post
Until you get it worked out or find out if two speeds are even needed.

I run a big 6.0 LS in the 1956 with stock radiator and have AC in it.

Fan is turned on when i want it to manually or comes on automatically with temp switch if its gets hot and I am not paying attention when I need it.

Running no AC and just driving and sitting for short period it barely hits 200 with all that room in truck not much gets trapped. And rarely runs.

In the summer GA August heat at 100+ humidity way up and AC running it will start to over heat without a fan.
But otherwise its off until it comes up to temp and on when it gets to 195/200 temp start temp. If its cool enough outside it will cut off when driving and sometimes off when sitting. Hwy driving it drops to 188 to 195 and has a hard time getting over 200 unless I am pushing it hard uphill.

LS motors like a higher temp (really the computer and all its calculations does) at least all my modern ones do.

Fan is really only for sitting and not forcing air when driving and on highway then even less needed.

Any way ON/OFF one speed is a option.

Clay
Thanks for the information. The pcm has fan 1 and fan 2 outputs and thought it would be quieter. It looks like fan one turns on at 210 and fan 2 at 220. Not sure how to tell the pcm when the ac is on. There is a ac request input but not sure if is seeing a ac request or putting out a ac request. I am sure I am over thinking this but this is my process. Steve