View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 09:49 AM   #19
57FleetsideC4

Re: Cooling Fan relay setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauXGT View Post
When I eliminated the clutched fan on the '91 GT for intercooler piping, I researched alot of junkyard parts. I realized that there is alot of confusing ways to go. Being my ECU does not have signaling outputs for e fans, I went for a single SPAL 16" fan with a variable speed controller. Has an A/C auto on input and a stand alone temp probe that fits into the radiator, being I'm running a 180* thermostsat for the supercharger. It doesn't matter what temp anything else is running, it only kicks the fan on when it needs to. Hot days when shutting it off, the fan will still continue to run for 30+ seconds after just to cool things down, then turn off. It does vary the speed... not just low/high. 15 years ago $110 for the fan and $80 for the controller/temp sensor. Love it. My 2 cents.
Thank You for your opinion on this. My goal is to let my PCM control the fans. I am just looking for a way to let the PCM know the A/C is on which is a Vintage Air Gen IV system. I have a A/C request wire just need to figure out how to use it. Steve