View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 05:24 AM   #6578
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Journeys of discovery

They are all very different, I recall the first breast I fondled, clear like the light of day, under the mulberry tree.
The first car I drove (a 1968 Mini Pickup my dad owned in 70, 71) metallic green, as he had a thing for having cars repainted. Driving it around our town oval stock car racing track.
The first time I was Shooting a gun (rifle) at someone in anger.

I also remember getting these replacement parts out of a Chevy truck in Arkansas

So the last four weeks have certainly been a Journey of discovery for me

Little by little I have discovered parts for the truck that I have forgotten about over time

And most came off the truck and will need cleaning up and further sorting out

But it is rewarding and fun to some extent

Saturday I got on with all the used parts that came off the truck originally and put them in places, containers and marked them more clearly than before

At one point, @nickwheeler popped in, after his Saturday bell ringing session to cast an eye over my progress. Though he says little, I think he is quietly impressed that I have binned used split pins, toilet tissue and empty Pepsi Max cans

I found my old registration plates and though I love American style plates, and planned to fit some to the truck, these also look good, due to the sheer size of the truck

We will see what happens when the truck is ready for plates

I carried on after Nick left and found more treasures.
Sorting, packing and cleaning some of them.
Resulting ultimately in this…….

There will be a few more things to find, figure out and sort but hopefully they will surface soon. I recall buying some really good quarter windows and rails, much better than what was fitted to the doors, they will be interesting to fit when the time comes

There are newly powder coated Rallye wheels and new trims, center caps etc. All to be rediscovered

I also moved the blower unit that Ian Brown customised for me many years ago back in with all the parts

I remember rebuilding this unit years ago

For anyone who is interested, the blower motor and power switch from earlier Mazda MX5’s are an incredibly easy retrofit here. I used some foam insulation to seal it in

Happy with the result

Sunday was planned for a few tasks as well

Report later

​​​​​​​Maybe ��
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote