View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #39
Hart_Rod

Re: 1987 C10 SWB 34K miles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yote1234 View Post
wow... beautiful.... keep me in mind if and when you decide to let it go !!!
BEAUTIFUL...
Thanks, and good to hear from you Dave! Will do on the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moregrip View Post
damn! that trucks so nice I don't know what to say except congrats and awesome find!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
That's a sweet squarebody! Nice score....I saw it on some LST footage. I'm working on tidying up my '98 Xcab and fixing a couple of things so it can be sold and replaced by a '87 lwb 2wd that I've been spying in the neighborhood.
Thank you! Good luck on your project(s).

Well I've mainly been driving the truck and doing a few minor "upgrades" and fixes. I finally got my dual tanks working correctly, it turn out to be someone crossed connectors underneath the cab on the drivers side. The wiring was very similar in color and they simple crossed them. I switched them around and both tanks work and measure as they should. In the process of the troubleshooting, I did upgrade crossover valve to a 65 psi Pollack unit (for safely and potential future upgrades).

Here's a great thread on dual tank operation and troubleshooting started by HATZIE: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=754061

While reading the site, I found a really nice headlight buzzer upgrade. I purchased the module and just plugged it in. Now if I leave the headlights on, I will get a warning indication, .

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=729153

I also picked up a nice little FM blue tooth adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It works well with the factory digital AM/FM cassette player, .

And finally, I put back on the OEM front bumper guards, here's a couple pictures.

The only other modification that I would like to do is install a tach. I'm researching that now and want to do something that is period correct. More to follow!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-14-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote