View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 12:00 AM   #43
Beach-Burban

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

I just got my bench seats back from the upholsterer...and I'm beyond satisfied! Amadeus took a couple weeks longer to finish them, but truthfully, I asked for a lot of special touches...and he certainly delivered! Front bench: Rebuilt and repainted frame with new springs; hand built/shaped foam (firm base with soft topper) and bolsters on both sides of the drivers and passengers bottom; fold away center armrest with tray and cup holder...plus, the "Beach-Burban" twist I warned you about! Middle and rear seats: Added a little firmness to the original foam (they had hardly been used); repainted frames and covered to match. All three benches received an extra thick layer of padding along the top edge of the seat to prevent the welded nubs of the wire back mesh from prematurely wearing through (like all the originals do). He also made new side panels that followed the lines of the door panels, but without any of the scrolling. Lastly, he made new sun visors. Everything came out better than I had expected!

Woody

Name:  IMG_1618.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1629.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1623.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1624.jpg
Views: 218