View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 12:23 AM   #17
Sevens

Re: Project '65 - The "build" thread

I've had a busy couple of weeks...so I haven't had much time to work on the truck.

Ok...honestly it's just been too hot. It was 112 degrees here on saturday...

I had an unwelcome visitor a few days ago, a Southern Pacific Rattlesnake which was about 2" shy of 3' My dog found it in the corner of my backyard...a few minutes later it was in a bucket on the way to its new home...:

Name:  IMG_6413.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  101.5 KB

The good news is that I found another passenger door that is in much better condition than either of the ones that I already have:

Name:  IMG_6456-1.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  78.5 KB

It needs some work, but it's a solid door overall.

I got to spend a few minutes with a stick welder last week at work...it's not as easy as it looks. I need PRACTICE!!

This weekend I ordered a new fuel sending unit and all new door rubbers and window felts.

Anyway, I plan to strip both doors down completely, mount them on the truck (one side at a time) and reload them once they are hanging. I feel like it will be easier with them already mounted. If anyone has any experience with this, please chime in if there is a better way...

I made the mistake of buying a cheap sending unit off of eBay and it only worked for a few days. I have tested the wiring, and if I'm testing it right...the "new" sending unit is bad. It would be nice to have a working fuel gauge!

'65 GMC that identifies as a Chevrolet
Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote