View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:37 AM   #12
truckster

Re: Home gas furnace .. I do not want no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Attention ! I did not explain myself very at all.. Let me start over, I have a gas furnace with duct work that works fine.. I also have a gas water heater that works fine ,, what I am wanting to maybe just get rid of is the fireplace in the living room that when running only puts out heat and that heat only heats the living room as it does not have ducts to spread any heat to other parts of the house . NOR ....does it have a chimney going out through the roof ,,it has a vented pipe through the exterior wall of my living room
That's an entirely different story. As I mentioned in my post, we have a gas fireplace we haven't used in years. In fact, my other house also has one and I couldn't tell you the last time it was used. I consider gas fireplaces to be for decorative purposes only. If you like looking at flames and you don't want to chop wood or clean up ash, that's the only reason I can think of to have one. My wife's piano is currently in front of our gas fireplace.