View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #62
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Back to work on the truck.

While waiting for some parts, I decided to get the master cylinder replaced and new stainless lines installed on the firewall side.

Finally my rear drop line junction came in. It was a bit of fiasco with inline tube, but they finally got it to me. They seem to have good product, but shipping is an issue. i hope they work it out.

Finally the motor is mated back up to the trans.

I previously mentioned clutch issues. I had to order an extended throwout bearing and swap clutches from a 12" to an 11". The original flywheel I ordered was an O'Reilly LS replacement. This is a setup I got from the forums over at Pirate4x4. It would have worked, but when bolting the pressure plate to the flywheel, the threads wouldn't even hold 35 ft pounds of torque. So now I have a nice frisbee. I replaced the made in China junk with a billet steel Ram 1550 and center force clutch. It all went together nicely, but the tolerance for hydraulic clutch is much tighter than mechanical. I did the recommended measurements from Novak conversions, but we'll see how it works.

Also got new bump stops and bump stops hardware mounted.

Before the cab goes off to body shop, "knock on wood," i needed to remove the old spray in bed liner from the cab floor. It took a little elbow grease, but heavy duty stripper made it pretty easy really.

Next stop finish fuel plumbing.