View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 09:04 PM   #297
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Using one of my booster bracket is the correct way to install a hydroboost. This is because all of my booster brackets utilize all the factory bolt holes to bolt directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. This is an important safety feature ignored by many people. Then there is the fact that with the booster bracket being at a slight angle, that keeps the hydroboost pushrod in a more straight line when moving the attachment hole in the brake pedal down 1". If you were to bolt the hydroboost mounting plate directly to the firewall, you will have to drill 4 new bolt holes in the firewall and who knows where those will end up on the inside. And then you will have to hog out the center hole in your firewall to accommodate the large nut that secures the hydroboost unit to the mounting plate. Then the hydroboost pushrod will be at a slight angle when moving the attachment point on the brake pedal down 1". This creates a side loading effect and can cause premature wear on the hydroboost unit. So you see there are good reasons for how I design my products, not just to try and sell more products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
Do you really need to booster adapter? What is the best way to install the hydraboost? flat to the firewall or with using the booster adapter?

Torn about what looks best and what is the best way to install it also flat to the firewall does bring it closer to the firewall by the depth of the booster adapter

what is the consensus?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote