View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 09:41 PM   #298
65Custom

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Using one of my booster bracket is the correct way to install a hydroboost. This is because all of my booster brackets utilize all the factory bolt holes to bolt directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. This is an important safety feature ignored by many people. Then there is the fact that with the booster bracket being at a slight angle, that keeps the hydroboost pushrod in a more straight line when moving the attachment hole in the brake pedal down 1". If you were to bolt the hydroboost mounting plate directly to the firewall, you will have to drill 4 new bolt holes in the firewall and who knows where those will end up on the inside. And then you will have to hog out the center hole in your firewall to accommodate the large nut that secures the hydroboost unit to the mounting plate. Then the hydroboost pushrod will be at a slight angle when moving the attachment point on the brake pedal down 1". This creates a side loading effect and can cause premature wear on the hydroboost unit. So you see there are good reasons for how I design my products, not just to try and sell more products.
Thanks for the explanation of why is it best to use the booster bracket.

It all makes sense when you see the details, plus the less work I need to do the better to make it work.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote