View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #337
dieseldawg142

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Had to put a new door in the kitchen . Got tired of using the seal n peel caulk every winter. Was a little shocked to see no flashing or at least tar paper on the sill or jack studs so I used the protect wrap . Found this on the molding little weird as the house was built in 1972. Maybe the carpenters birthday? Or the established date of the company that did the house?
hah!
i guess i'm not the only one who does it.
ever since i started roofing in 1980 i have been throwing current year quarters in our roofs...
haven't ever come across any of them, but i have found other stuff like cigarette packs from the '70's and '80's.
prob got a thousand bucks in quarters out there in peoples roofs...lol

What started out as just a simple re-paint today, turned into a 4 hr job re-building my shed door roof.
Went to slap some paint on the door and the roof and found it dry-rotted. When the wife's clothesline pole took a dive a few yrs ago, it musta hit the roof. Flashing was buckled and leaking, and of course i never noticed....
when i re-stood the pole back up i dumped 4 bags of concrete around it, but wife still managed to put some lean into it, so i also bolted it to the shed and cut off the dry-rotted top
Name:  IMG_3191.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  57.3 KB

didn't take a before, but this was from 2 winters ago
Name:  IMG_0774.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  33.0 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote