View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #29
gemiii

Re: Project "Mid Life Crisis Low Rider Burb"

I found on EBAY a target 350 for a 90 Suburban with 20k miles and I get it for $500. Its worth a shot. I really want a 6.0 but its not in the budget now. I can use this 350 in one of my other trucks later if need be.
So I hire a body guy to finish up the body and get it nice and straight. He seamseals the rain gutter, new bottoms on the 2 front doors and skins, panel bonds everything, fixes all the dents in the door jams and door interiors. He fixes all the interior up, welds holes etc. Blocks it out twice and its ready for paint. Fenders hatch tailgate doors everything. Unfortunetly the price gets to $5k which was out of my range and I had to stop him. Our miscommunication was I thought materials where included and they werent. $1200 was material. It would have been $7k total done. My nice daily driver just became more of a show vehicle. So it comes home again. I want to get the frame done before the body goes on and I need more time anyways.
Now boating season is over but I got to get 25 cord of wood put away before it gets too cold. I have an outside wood boiler and I heat the house garage hot water hot tub so I burn a lot. Its mostly junk wood pine etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by gemiii; 12-08-2009 at 09:39 PM.
gemiii is offline   Reply With Quote