View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #31
gemiii

Re: Project "Mid Life Crisis Low Rider Burb"

I also am using the fuel tank from the 89 because its 40 gallon and it has the fuel pump in it. I have to cut off the old filler tube and weld on a new one so that it aligns with the tunnel on the body. A little nerve wracking welding on a gas tank. I filled it with water when I was welding on it. Its painted and installed on the frame. I think I will have to notch a body rib to make it work. I got the adjustable panard bar on and its time to mount the airbags. I spent a lot of time getting the holes to line up and drilling the hole for the air fitting. I am using 3/8 stainless tubing for the air lines. I got the 3/8 fuel line to the front of the chassis and the 5/16 return line in. I replaced the rear brake line and thats done. I can blow air into the bags now and make the thing hop...KEWL. When I let it down on the bump stops my gas tank is 2 1/2 inches off the floor. The front is untouched so thats high still. We are now up to date. I got shorty ceramic headers yesterday. I am going with 3 in Stainless exhaust all the way. SS Flomaster 40s are on the way to. I should have the body back on Saturday so after the exhaust is done the body can go on.
Attached Images

gemiii is offline   Reply With Quote