View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #44
mike16

Talking Re: Project "Mid Life Crisis Low Rider Burb"

Just a few questions. Since your busy with your midlife crisis mind if I take that camaro off your hands....

I disagree with the statement about telling the seller you intend to use there car for parts. While I have never done that I have asked the seller if they would just sell me a few parts off the car. Ruthless and emotionally traumatizing to the seller it has worked more often than not. And when it didnot work I always ask if they know where "other" parts cars are. They often tell me. Thier directions usually start with....."as soon as you leave my propery, you go....."

As for the mid life crisis thing, whats up with that. I been doing this since I was 15 but as soon at I hit 47 its a midlife crisis. What changed to turn it into a midlife crisis. I buy a 72 chevy with a 307 3 spd and thats indicative of a crisis? My crisis? maybe the automotive industries crisis but hardly mine and lesser still a crisis.

I got 5 vehicles and the girlfriend has 50 pairs of shoes. whos crisis is it? Mine all run, she cant run in hers. She did not sound too supportive when she referred to my cars as my midlife crisis and when she suggested I sell one ,(she sugested I sell my 65 GTO convertable/4spd because it would sell fast and we would get alot of money out of it) guess who found them selves in the middle of there own mid life crisis.

Really, except tongue in cheek, I never heard a real car guy ever refer to this as a midlife crisis. Its always some muppet who doesnt have a clue.

Last edited by mike16; 12-12-2009 at 02:20 AM.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote