Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #11
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

still gathering parts, modified the passenger side a/c and alternator bracket to and a/c only bracket. Simply cut off the excess, drilled the 3rd hole the rest of the way so it can then be bolted to the block. Factory has only 2 bolts, but since its there and is simple, why not.
I got the DirtyDingo LT to LS water pump adapters and for something that was engineered.. they missed the mark on the LT side of the flange.. the rectangle port is off center by about .05 and the width as wide as the gasket too.. the LS gasket is a perfect match. I called them about it and they said I was the first one to notice / complain about it. I cant see any reason it was not made to be centered in the gasket which matches the coolant port on the block ... I'm pretty sure it would work no problem... but I already drew up the LS and LT flanges in cad and made my own adapter a few months ago... I also want the adapter to be about .1 thinner. I sent it to a machine shop to see how much it would cost to get made. I know it will be more than 150 but if its not to much more, Ill just have it made and sell the DD ones.
Still waiting on the BCM, BCM connectors, Cluster Connector, FPCM connector and Flex fuel sensor. going to order terminals for all of them so I can make a harness with out splices for a more quality product and less chance of a why is this not working...
clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote