Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #17
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

I found a shop that can make a small batch (2 sets) one for me and one to sell. It will be an even better version as the center section of the 2 patterns will be cnc ported. Finaly figured out how to do it in the cad program. Granted you could hand port the original design of the 2 patterns drilled strait down 1/2 way. The cost adding the cnc poring operation is on the acceptable side of the scale.

Once the order is placed and received I'll offer it up for sale as long as it pass' my own inspection.

last thing I need to do in cad is finish mapping out the Exhaust manifold port/bolt holes - 90% done

I have ordered the e85 sensor, fuel line. I finally sourced new connectors for the cluster, fuel pump, fuel pump driver module, e85 sensor, fuel psi sensor connectors. I also won an auction for a BCM with pigtails, but the bcm is not a match for the application, but for the price I paid, was ok to acquire the correct BCM pigtails which are not sold by GM or online unless bought from a manufacture.. looking at 500$ minimum. The point of getting the connectors new is to save from the junk yards... they want an average of 250 for the pigtails. Im not one to go in and steal them so this is the most affordable option which is defiantly cheaper than 250!
I also have located all the cluster, fuel pump module, fuel psi sensor, e-85 sensor, bcm, and ecu terminals to make my standalone harness. I have one member interested in me making him a complete stand alone harness, fuel pump to ecu which is a complement.

The point of doing all of the research and locating the terminals is to prevent butt connections / unnecessary splices in the harness. Yes it works and will function, but if something doesn't work, especially since I will be attempting to get the 2015 cluster/bcm to function... I don't what to have to worry about a splice.

Just about done with the current project will by my daily driver.. the LS swapped 5 series BMW so cant wait to drive it and start on the 87 Silverado. I wont start on the 87 till I sell the motor/trans/exhaust (as 1) as I cant afford the space to have that motor/trans setup sitting around so its a small problem/but a good problem as the buyer can hear the motor and take a ride in the passenger seat before the purchase unlike a motor sitting on the garage floor on top of a tire..
clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote