The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 02:06 AM   #1
Dude68

Re: 1968 redo

It has been almost 10 years since my last post. I never got around to pulling the motor, but the truck is safe in my Daddy's shop. We started pulling some more stuff off and noticed the drip rail on roof is almost rusted away under the paint. I kind of lost interest because I don't know what to do. All of it will need replaced or fabricated. We will start on the straight six soon. I found a head for it. We are going to pull it and do a complete teardown. I have removed the gas tank and it was in such bad shape on the inside, I ordered a new one. I am attempting to keep it as original as possible. I have new rockers and cab corners. We will get to those later. Some rust down in the side floor vents as well. I have seen some guys brace the door opening diagonally and across the cab when they replace the cab corners. Is this necessary? Any tips are appreciated.